How an Overseas Pakistani Wife can get Divorce/ Khula?

Overseas Pakistani Wife who wish to divorce their spouses or obtain a khula from a Pakistan family court can now do so without having to be present in Pakistan.


If you're a Pakistani woman living outside of Pakistan who desires to obtain a khula from a Family Court without returning to Pakistan, you can follow this procedure:

You'll need to execute a special power of attorney which designates any person as your special attorney/ representative. The Special Power of Attorney will need to be attested by the nearest Pakistan High Commission in your country of stay and sent via courier to your special attorney/representative in Pakistan.

Your representative shall have the express power to represent you before the court and to make statements on your behalf, in addition to the power to appoint a lawyer and sign suit documents. He must also have the power to appear and represent you before the Union council in order to file an application for the issuance of a Divorce Effectiveness Certificate.

If you want to get khula, your personal representative can eventually file a case in court. Once the khula decree is obtained, your lawyer can file an application for a divorce certificate from the Union Council where your Nikah was registered, or where you lived during your stay in Pakistan.

Lahore Office

Main Boulevard Gulberg, Main Market, Lahore, Punjab 54000
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

Faisalabad Office

Burhan Center, 97-99, Gulistan Market Railway Road, Faislabad, Pakistan
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

UK Office

Associate Office (London)
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

Free Online Visa Form