How an Overseas Pakistani Husband can Divorce Wife in Pakistan?

If you are a Pakistani citizen living overseas and you want to get a divorce from your wife, you can now do it without having to be present in Pakistan.


1. If you are a Pakistani husband living overseas and wish to divorce your wife residing in Pakistan, you will need to execute a divorce deed and special power of attorney, nominating any person present in Pakistan as your special attorney/representative. These documents must be attested by the nearest Pakistan High Commission in your country and sent to Pakistan via any registered courier to your representative.

2. Your representative, upon receiving the divorce deed and special power of attorney, shall get them both counter-attested from the nearest Pakistani Foreign Office.

3. Once the documents are attested by the local Foreign Office, your attorney can file an application for a Divorce Effective Certificate at the Union Council where your wife is residing.

4. Chairman Union Council shall appoint an arbitration committee which shall upon lapse of 90 days period issue the Divorce Effectiveness Certificate.

Lahore Office

Main Boulevard Gulberg, Main Market, Lahore, Punjab 54000
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

Faisalabad Office

Burhan Center, 97-99, Gulistan Market Railway Road, Faislabad, Pakistan
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

UK Office

Associate Office (London)
Mr. Ahmed Burhan

Free Online Visa Form